Several physical disorders require surgical treatment, and many others need medication, rehabilitation, and other nonsurgical therapies. Whenever there is a patient with brain stroke, leg gangrene or diabetic foot, varicose veins, thyroid nodules, uterine fibroids, cancer etc - there are valid non surgical amgiographic or needle based techniques today. Which can be performed under local anesthesia, on day care basis, with no scar and no recovery period required.
These treatments control the symptoms of the disease and improve the patient's quality of life.
How Do We Do It?
- Peripheral Angioplasty: In this procedure, a catheter and a balloon is used to open up any blocked artery. If you have diabetes, this is the procedure you require to eradicate the block without risking amputation. We have all the clinical hardware required for this treatment, and you will receive the needful as per your ailment.
- Thyroid Nodule Ablation: It is an effective non-surgical procedure to treat thyroid nodules. We were the first in Maharashtra to provide microwave ablation. Our treatment does not leave a scar.
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization: This is among the unique non surgical treatments. It requires a tiny pinhole in the wrist to treat uterine fibroid.
- Chemo Port Insertion: After the employment of anesthesia, this implant, a tiny device for chemotherapy through this procedure, becomes easy. The patient gets discharged in 3 hours only after this treatment. This treatment gives a durable access for two years.
- Trans Radial DSA-Brain: Dr Gaurav Gangwani offers more than 95% DSA or brain angiography via radial access. The treatment is done by procuring just a tiny hole in the wrist. Treatment through this procedure is advantageous to patients. They are discharged after just an effect of 4 hours of observation.
- Varicocele Embolization: This non surgical treatment is minimally invasive, and when it comes to varicocele, it is the best option. The pain and infertility patients face due to the condition are alleviated to a great extent. This procedure requires just a tiny pinhole in the neck or thigh.
- Prostate Artery Embolization: This is still trusted by many for the treatment of prostate hypertrophy and urinary symptoms because of the ailment. This procedure provides outcomes that can be compared with the surgery but have no side effects of surgical procedures. Again done with a tiny pinhole in the wrist.
Other Non Surgical Procedures That We Facilitate You With
GENICULAR ARTERY EMBOLIZATION: This is also called embolization of the knee. It is a minimally-invasive procedure that treats patients with osteoarthritis (OA). It reduces the blood flow to the synovium and relieves the patients in the short and long term. The expertise of Dr Gaurav Gangwani in interventional radiology allows him to facilitate you with the treatment required and delay a total knee transplantation.
CAROTID ARTERY STENTING: As the name suggests, this involves stenting of the diseased neck artery to relieve the blood flow blockage so that the risk of brain stroke is reduced. This minimally invasive procedure restores the blood flow in the brain. After a certain period, certain arteries get diseased with atherosclerosis; artery stenting is the aid with minimum risk and maximum chance of successful treatment.
ANEURYSM EMBOLIZATION: This procedure treats a bleeding or incidentally detected aneurysm by filling it with material that closes the sac and treats the risk of bleeding. It involves the application of a steerable catheter, which is inserted into the bloodstream. The coil is used to cause clotting and close the aneurysm.
LIQUID EMBOLIZATION: This procedure treats aneurysms, arterio-venous malformations and fistulas, acute hemorrhages, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
THROMBECTOMY: It removes blood clots from an artery or vein. It is a very effective non-surgical procedure for preventing ischemic brain stroke. An ischemic brain stroke can cause permanent disability or death. With our treatment through thrombectomy, the patient can be treated with effect, and such conditions can be avoided.
BRONCHIAL ARTERY EMBOLIZATION: It is the treatment for hemoptysis. The bronchial artery is embolized through catheter intervention, which stops the bleeding. Embolic agents such as PVA, NBCA, or metallic coils are used in this treatment.
Dr Gangawani's skill and knowledge in interventional radiology allow him to perform the procedure seamlessly.
THORACIC DUCT EMBOLIZATION: Thoracic duct injuries receive treatment through this radiological interventional procedure.
It involves using fluoroscopic guidance after the thoracic duct is opacified by bipedal lymphangiography.
TRANS-ARTERIAL EMBOLIZATION: This procedure is conducted to aid the situation by blocking the blood supply to abnormal areas of the brain or a bleeding vessel in the body or areas with ailments like a tumor.
A small incision conducts the procedure so the catheter can be inserted and guided to the artery near the tumor or the infected tissue. We employ the same to treat liver, lung, or bone cancer.
THERMAL ABLATION: It is a procedure in which heat is employed to remove tissues pr nodules or tumors. It is a very effective and minimally invasive non-surgical procedure. We facilitate our patients with this as a treatment for Osteoid Osteomas. It involves the application of a needle, which contains a thermal active tip at the end helping in destroying the tumor.
BRTO PROCEDURE: Balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration or BRTO is a minimally invasive procedure for treating portal hypertension, hematemesis, and ascites. It involves the application of a balloon catheter which is inserted through a vein, and the balloon is further employed to block or shunt the infected area. This treatment requires an insightful approach from the interventional radiologist.
PlurX DRAINAGE CATHETER: It is done to pull out fluids from the pleural space. Pleural space is the space between the two layers of tissues surrounding the lungs. If fluids are more than the pleural area, it becomes an issue. It causes collapse of the lungs, and the patient feels shortness of breath. It involves the application of a tunnelled catheter within the pleural space or belly fluid which can be used to drain the fluid multiples times at home preventing repeated hospital visits or admissions.
PAIN INJECTION FOR FROZEN SHOULDER: Frozen shoulder refers to the inflamed joint capsule in the shoulder. The patient suffering complains about stiffness and pain in the shoulder. Such ailments can also be treated using interventional radiology, with non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment. This condition also restricts movement in the body. The injection improves the condition by reducing the pain and allows the body to heal. All this is achieved with a small needle based procedure or angiography bases embolization technique.
BILIARY DRAINAGE - PTBD: Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage or PTBD is a treatment for treating ailments like obstructive jaundice. The non-invasive or minimally invasive treatment facilitates the patients with the best results.
IMAGE GUIDED BIOPSY/FNAC: It is one of the effective treatments for tumors. This treatment is gaining popularity in developed countries due to its results. This is an image-guided fine needle aspiration cytology.
The Best Radiology Specialist That You Need
Dr Gaurav Gangwani facilitates the patients with the skills and insights he has developed over years of practice. Through his minimal invasive intervention, he provides you with the treatment that is worth your money. The technique is so effective that patients do not require surgical treatment after going through it.
Dr Gaurav Gangwani has received multiple certificates in the field of interventional Radiology. As a radiologist, he has the best reviews from his patients, and his experience and credentials make him one of the best radiology specialists in India.